Can you believe that we’re already three months into 2019? January took forever, February flew by and March was over before I knew it. That’s why I always like to look back and see what brought me joy in Q1, what I want to do differently and what’s to come.
THE HIGHS & LOWS OF Q1
• I TURNED 29: I always start the year off with my birthday so it instantly sets the mood for the year for me. This year I’m going in to my last year as a twenty something’er, which feels weird and exciting at the same time. I’m just ready to see where this year will take me & what changes will be happening.
• WORKING ON PROJECTS FOR MY BUSINESS: One of the definite highs of Q1 is that I’m slowly getting more projects this year. If you don’t know already, I’m also the owner Fiona Gobbo Creative. I work as a brand designer & social media strategist aimed at luxury and premium brands. Having my own business is also the reason why I love writing about career topics these days on the blog.
As of now I’m three logo’s down, working on a branding project, created a workbook and am relaunching my own website. Not enough yet to pay all the bills constantly — I will get into that down below — but it feels good to be consistently working on something. You can keep up with what I’m up to business wise on my business Instagram here.
• NTWRKPLK: I don’t know if I talked about NTWRKPLK before but it’s an all women’s network meetup led by a friend of mine in Amersfoort. It has made my days as a business owner less lonely. I don’t have any close friends who are business owners. So it’s nice to have a couple of others in the group I can work together with and talk business.
• GOING TO THE GYM: The last weeks I’ve also started going back to the gym. I hadn’t been in months but still contributing to the cause. I’ve been going back with a friend which helped me get more motivated to go back and work on my health.
• THE LOWS: Obviously I also go through lows like everyone else. The biggest thing has been my health at the moment. I’ve still been feeling extremely tired all the time and been getting sugar lows. I’ve been diagnosed with low vitamin D levels but so far I don’t think the medication has really helped. Another low — as I mentioned — is that although I do get a decent stream of projects it’s not enough to pay all the bills with. And, to be really honest, that can get frustrating at times. I think every freelancer or business owner puts so much into their business which makes it more personal when it’s not going the way you want it to. So I’ve definitely have had my off days worrying about how to make my business more viable or if I should make the choice to stop.
WHAT I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO IN Q2
There are a couple things I’m looking forward to in Q2:
• TRIP TO ITALY: I’m probably going to go visit family and go wine shopping with my parents around April. Just a small trip to get out of the country.
• CELEBRATING 2 YEARS OF FIONA GOBBO CREATIVE: It’s almost been two years since I started my own business on the 15th of May. And went fulltime almost one year ago. I remember going to my local registration office as if it was yesterday. There been many highs and lows the last two years but I just want to celebrate what I’ve accomplished so far.
• RELAUNCHING MY WEBSITE: A big personal project that I’m working on is the relaunch of www.fionagobbocreative.com. I hope to finish it in the next month.
• NEW PROJECTS TO WORK ON: And hopefully more new projects to work on! Also something I’m working on at the moment, getting more projects to help businesses with.
• GOING FORWARD: The next three months — and rest of the year — I will put all my focus on moving forward. Eliminating what is holding me back and face personal issues that have been standing in my way more head on. I’ve already talked in this post about some of the things I want to quit doing. There are even more things I want to add to that list & replace them with different things I do want to do and achieve.