All affiliate links are marked with a *
Last week I talked about my experiences with stress and how I mange it. In it I talked about finding the cause of the stress is part of fixing the problem. I think one of the biggest causes of stress is that we think we need to do everything. RIGHT NOW. We don’t take enough time to sit and relax. This weekend I want you to take a minute for yourself. Do nothing and enjoy it!
I figured it would be nice to share some weekend link love that include links to articles, video’s, music & podcasts that I’ve been loving.
• ‘The One Piece of Advice Young Women Need’ by Jessica Valenti: Via Instagram I asked if you wanted to see more career tips — and you did! — so I figured that this article would be interesting to add to the list. It talks about the importance of having a supportive husband when it comes to your career.
• ‘Little Black Book: A Toolkit for working women’ by Otegha Uwagba: I wrote about this book on the blog before, but if you want to read an inspirational book on having your own business and what’s involved, you need to run to the store to get this book.
• ‘Why We Procrastinate & How to Fix It’ by Liz Huber: In case you think that taking time off means not being productive enough, read this article. There is a difference between taking time off and procrastinating. Plus it will give you something to reflect on when you start a new work week.
• ‘Episode 12: Making Friends with Boundaries + Avoiding burn out’ of The One Girl Band Podcast by Lola Hoad: A good episode to listen to when you need a little help for a work-life balance to avoid going from being stressed to full blown burn out. If you’re craving more podcasts than check out this post with my favorite true crime podcasts and this one with inspirational podcasts for ambitious women.
• Your daily mixes on Spotify: If you have Spotify, you might have seen that they make daily mixes based on what you listen to. It’s a great way to not only listen to all your favorite tunes in a certain genre, it also mixes new songs into the mix. Relax and discover new music.
WATCH RIGHT NOW
• ‘Hey Japan | part 1’ by HeyClaire: I love her YouTube channel but her travel blogs are the best. If you checked this one out about Japen, check the second part. And this one for her Marrakech trip is also amazing to watch.
• The haunting of Hill House: One of the best tv shows that has hit Netflix. If you want to tune out with a well-thought through thriller, you need to binge this one.
• Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: It’s the end of the year which means that I’m watching all the Harry Potter movies again. The plan is to watch one every weekend up to Christmas. This week I’ll be watching the second movie.
Need to do some shopping this weekend? Below you can check out my favorite online shops or check The Chic List with my favorite items:
• & Other Stories: My favorite high street shop right now. Perfect to find a wool blazer, snuggly knit or a good pair of jeans. Also, don’t forget to check out their selection with the perfect festive dresses and suits.
• Farfetch: I entered one of their contest two years ago — and won! — and that’s when I really discovered this online shop. Farfetch works together with independent boutiques across the world and giving them a space to sell their collections online. That means you can get a big variety of designer items all in one place.
• The Dear Diary: If time management is one of the things that is causing you stress, a new planner might help you. Check out this webshop for one of my favorite planners: the Dear Diary undated planner in grey.