All affiliate links are marked with a *
It’s that time of the year where you just get the urge to become one big cliché and look back at what has been and what’s to come. I wanted to do a little year in review — mostly selfishly for myself but I don’t mind sharing. Even if it’s cliché, it’s also a good way to close the year and look forward to something new.
So here is my year in review & what’s to come:
This year has been one crazy ride when it comes to my business: I had some highs but definitely a lot of lows as well. This year:
+ I decided to fully focus on my business. I quit my job & went freelance full time.
+ I had support from my friends and worked with them on their projects.
+ I found more women who work for themselves which meant I had people to work together with.
+ I’ve created my first official logo’s and I can’t explain how much joy that gave me.
– However, the day that I quit my job I actually lost a big part of my freelance income as well and financially it wasn’t the best year.
– Even though a lot of people do support, a lot of them also didn’t really understand what I was doing which kind of felt lonely.
Right now it’s definitely about coming to terms that my business isn’t going to be viable this year. Next year that’s going to be my biggest challenge: stirring my business into a new direction and getting it off the ground.
After taking a year off from the blog, I decided to pick it up again. Mostly because I’ve missed it. I love being creative, I love style and I knew I could level it up. My year in review for the blog:
+ Instead of taking all outfit shots myself as I did mostly before, I hired my niece to help me out. She’s been a big help & it’s fun hanging out with someone who lifts me up.
+ I released my first video since forever. Please check it out if you haven’t yet!
+ I actually made a little money from the blog, which fuels my plans to expand it and create a space I’ve imagined it could be.
– Unfortunately the numbers aren’t what I would have wanted them to be. It takes a lot of time to create the content — which I love doing — and to see low numbers is kind of disheartening. Promoting the blog is still an obstacle.
– It’s also costing me more money than it’s bringing in, which is also a slight problem. However, I do believe in investing instead of cutting expenses.
There are going to be some changes to the blog. I don’t know exactly what I will precisely change up but you won’t be seeing favorites of the month or full blog post reviews — unless it’s a REALLY good product or service.
MY PERSONAL LIFE
For me personally this year was full of ups and downs. I think the biggest thing I’ve dealt with — and still dealing with — is grief of what was. Getting to terms with how I’ve envisioned my life and how it actually looks. However, this year also had positive moments:
+ I did the things that I wanted to do by myself which included going to concerts and coffee.
+ Trying to push myself out of my comfort zone by hanging out with people I might’ve not done in the years before or do the things I felt scared of.
+ My Barcelona friend finally came back to the Netherlands.
SO WHAT’S NEXT?
It’s cool and all to share my year in review but what can you expect next. I won’t share too much because why not surprise everyone? Here are a couple of things I will be doing in 2019:
• Launch my new website for my business, and then the blog is up next for a much needed overhaul.
• I’m planning a small trip at the moment for 2019 because I haven’t left the country in 2018.
• It’s going to be a year of pushing the boundaries of my comfort zone even further.
• Work on myself even more.
• Read at least 12 books.
• Giving my all to achieve my business and personal goals.