For me investing in your wardrobe is what a capsule wardrobe or curated wardrobe is all about. That doesn’t mean that you always have to break the bank — I have a lot of items that were on budget that have lived with me for many years. But when it comes to shoes and bags I’ve noticed that my designer items usually held up the best.
That’s why I wanted to share my designer shoes collection. To give you an idea of what types of shoes I go for and how I like to style them.
CHLOÉ SUSANNA BOOTS
The pair in my designer shoes collection I wear the most are the Chloé Susanna boots. A pair I’ve been lusting after for a while but figured I would never get my hands on. That all changed in 2016 when I won a Farfetch competition. I can highly recommend these boots to anyone If you have the budget — or stomach — to spend that much money on a pair of shoes. Because they’re definitely not cheap.
I can wear the Susanna boots with everything — from jeans to leather skirts to frilly, summer dresses. I love the hardware — I have the one with vintage gold hardware but you can get it in silver as well. It just gives the boots a luxurious look. The leather is buttery soft but you have to break them in. However, after you do they are the most comfortabel boots to walk in.
SANDRO AMELYA BOOTS
The Sandro Amelya western style boots were not a planned purchase — it was very much a impulse buy that turned one of the best buys I made. I wear these boots a lot since I got them and prefer to wear them with skinny jeans. They are really pointy so I don’t love them with a dress or skirt. Still, I do get a lot of wear out of them and it helps that I got them in a sale at De Bijenkorf.
ALOS READ: CREATE YOUR SIGNATURE WORK LOOK
Curated Wardrobe tip: if you don’t have the budget to buy items at full price, keep an eye out for sales. You can mostly get them in sale. If you do have the budget, keep an eye on how fast the shoes you want are selling. If they are selling fast, scoop them up. Are they in stock all the time? Wait until the sale. Why pay full price when you can egt 30-50% off?
ISABEL MARANT LULIANA BOOTS
Originally I wanted the Andrew boots — and if they ever come back I’m scooping them up — but when I missed out and saw the Luliana boots I knew I needed to get my hands on them. I’m a sucker for the signature Isabel Marant heel. There is just something sophisticated about it. Another thing that I love about these boots particularly is that they are wide at the top. This helps make your legs look a lot slimmer.
Just like with the Sandro boots, I wear this pair from my designer shoes collection with mostly jeans. They could look cute with a spring or summer dress as well but I prefer the jeans combination.
ISABEL MARANT NOWLES SNOW BOOTS
This is my biggest designer shoe purchase to date. I always had Uggs — I know, not that stylish, but they are the warmest things to wear in winter. But.I wanted a pair of snow boots that were a little cuter. That’s when my eye fell on the Nowless boots. I got them in 2014 and I still wear them when it gets super cold. They have not only survived winters since 2014, they also hold up pretty well even after 5 years.
They look as cute with jeans or (faux) leather trousers as with a knitted sweater dress. I would love to get my hands on the check version of these boots as well since they’ve proven their worth over the last 5 years.
Curated Wardrobe tip: when you are spending a lot of money on a pair of shoes, think about:
• How versatile they are. Can you wear them on a daily basis? With a lot of different looks? Or are they occasional shoes you can wear occasion after occasion?
• How comfortable they are. If you can’t walk long in them, you probably won’t wear them a lot. So don’t spend too much money on them.
• The weather conditions. I spend a lot of money on the Isabel Marant Nowles boots because I knew I could get a lot of wear out of them. I would not spend the same amount of money right now on a pair of sandals.
ISABEL MARANT LAZIO BOOTS
The Isabel Marant Lazio boots are the latest addition to my growing Isabel Marant collection. I actually bought these second hand from another blogger. These boots were high on my wish list of boots I wanted so when I saw she was selling them I was all over it. And they were also such a steal in comparison how much they were originally.
I love these boots with my personal uniform but they also look really cute with a straight or a-line dress. They are a little higher than most of my boots which makes them a little more uncomfortable to walk in but the design makes up for it.
ISABEL MARANT BART SNEAKERS
Another sale purchase that I made on an impulse. The Bart sneaker had already peaked my interest — they look like Stan Smiths. But this particular pair caught my eye because of the black and white pony hair. I just instantly fell in love with the print.
I wear these shoes in the summer because I think they look best with bare legs. I love to pair them with a cute dress like I did when I was in Rome. Another look I love with these sneakers is to combine them with pull-on trousers.
ALOS READ: H&M PULL-ON TROUSERS
THE SHOES I WANT TO ADD TO MY CURATED WARDROBE
If I could add new shoes to my designer shoes collection right now I would go for the following pairs:
• VALENTINO ROCKSTUD KITTEN PUMPS IN ALL BLACK*: I want to have an easy pair of heels that give me a little height and that I can wear for a long period of time. This total black pair ticks of all those boxes. I can see myself wearing these babies with a midi skirt and tee.
• ANINE BING PENNY BOOTS IN BLACK: Another pair of boots that I would love to add to my collection. Since the Chloé boots are the one pair I wear the most I want another similar pair to switch between. These boots are exactly what I love. Another strong contender are the Charlie boots.
• SAINT LAURENT NIKI BOOTS IN LEOPARD PRINT*: A pair of leopard pony hair printed boots? Sign me up! And they have the same type of heel as the Isabel Marant boots which I love.
• ANINE BING STEVIE BOOTS IN RED: I’ve talked about wanting to add a pair of bright red boots to my collection before and the best pair I’ve found are these ones. I wear my Zara glitter boots all the time so I think I will get a lot of wear out of this pair. If someone knows a budget version — let me know! I’m open to all suggestions.