I remember a couple of years ago I wanted a pair of snow boots, the Isabel Marant Nowles boots to be precise. They were high on my wish list for the fall winter season in 2014 but sold out everywhere. That’s why my mom and I actually went to De Bijenkorf in the Hague because that was the only place they still had a pair in stock. Anyway, it is still a memorable purchase and it has witstand the test of time.
The thing with the Nowles snow boots is that it is a really bulky boot. People were confused why I would want to spend that amount of money on it. I thought they were cute but most people thought they were too bulky. However, some did change their mind after seeing them in real life. And that is what this post is all about today: to show you how to wear Isabel Marant Nowles snow boots, where to get them and where to get a good dupe.
HOW TO WEAR ISABEL MARANT NOWLES SNOW BOOTS
Like I mentioned above, when you first see the boots they do look a little bulky. But you also have to keep in mind that they are snow boots and snow boots do look bulky most of the time. They are meant to keep your feet warm plus you need to be able to walk on snow and icy surfaces without falling flat on your face.
So for some people this might scare you off of buying these snow boots. However, there is a big difference that makes these snow boots super stylish among their snow boot friends:
• The fit around the ankle and legs — This is something that I love about all Isabel Marant shoes: the top of the shoe is wider. It’s a look I personally really love. The wider top also helps making your legs look slimmer.
• The playfulness of the materials — The Isabel Marant Nowles snow boots consists of three different materials: suede, leather and — I think — rubber soles. The combination of different leathers makes it look more chic.
WITH JEANS: The number one way I love to wear the boots is with dark wash jeans. It’s also the thing I wear the most but it just looks the best in my opinion. Because the Isabel Marant Nowles snow boots are a little bulky, I like to keep my jeans skinny and the top more oversized. This creates a balance in the overall look. If you wear a fitted top, the boots look way bigger than they actually are. An oversized knitted sweater or blouse will go really well with this look.
WITH A DRESS OR SKIRT: You can wear the boots with skirts or dresses but it kind of depends on the material, print and what else you are wearing. In my opinion the boots work best with heavier fabrics like wool. You can wear sweater dresses with them but also wool skirts. For this post I styled it up with my favorite spring item: the leopard slip skirt that I got from H&M. It’s a little different but I think it looks really good all together with a big knit on top.
TRY THINGS OUT: My top tip — just try things out and see what works. With these boots it is best to see what combination works and keeps the balance. If your boots start to look like cement blocks connected to your legs, I would say that the outfit you have on is a no go.
ALOS READ: CREATE YOUR OWN CHIC CURATED WARDROBE
TIPS: The reason why I’ve had these boots for 5 years and that they still are in the best condition is because I take care of them. When you first get your pair, make sure you spray the boots at least two times before taking them out. I keep them during the spring and summer period in their original box and shoe bags. When I take them out around fall, I comb them and then spray them again to make sure they are protected.
Whenever you’re spending a large amount of money on an item, make sure you take good care of it. This will help to make sure you will get the most wear out of your investments. It makes a huge difference in how long you can wear something and justifies the price you pay for it.
I’ve said it before but I really believe in quality over quantity when it comes to style and my wardrobe. When I spend money on something I want it to last — whether it’s a large amount or not. In case you want to have a wardrobe that’s better for the environment, I personally think it is better to invest in items that you wear for a long time rather than just focusing on organic or sustainable items. If you can do both, that is great but number one will always be that you wear an item until it’s life cycle is done.
WHY YOU SHOULD GET THE REAL DEAL
Now you know how to wear the Isabel Marant Nowles snow boots, it’s time to get your own pair — if you want too. This year it seems like a lot of high street brands are coming out with their own version of the snow boots. However, I want to make a case why spending more on a pair like this is worth it:
• It witstands the test of time — I’ve had this pair for 5 years right now so I would say it is a solid purchase. Yes, I spend a lot of money on them but the wear I got out of it makes it worth it. Granted, I do take really good care of the boots.
• They are super warm — the combination of materials and fur on the inside will keep your feet warm. I’ve never had cold feet in these.
• They dropped the price — I’m pretty sure I paid 500 euros for my pair but these days they are around the 300 euros mark.
• The look of the snow boots — yes. there are dupes out there. And yes, they are pretty similar. But no other pair of snow boots look exactly like these. I think that’s why I wanted this particular pair in the first place — the way it looks and fits is really unique.
If you want to get your hands on your own pair of Isabel Marant Nowles snow boots, go here* for the exact same pair that I have. The one that I really love is the dark checkered version that you can get here*. This one doesn’t have the suede but istead a more flannel material.
I’m well aware that not everyone wants or can spend hundreds of euros on shoes. And there are good dupes on the market right now. Here is a selection — from low to high — of snow boots that are pretty similar:
• H&M premium quality snow boots* in black